There are currently no public dates.
VMware vSphere: What's New [V5.5 to V6] Course Information
Course Length: 2 Days
VMware vSphere: What's New is a hands-on training course that explores the newest features and enhancements in VMware vCenter Server 6 and VMware ESXi 6. Real-world use case deployment scenarios, hands-on lab exercises, and lecture material teach the skills you need to effectively implement and configure VMware vSphere 6. This class is recommended for customers who want to deploy vSphere 6 into their existing vSphere environment.
Students who complete this course will be prepared for more advanced vSphere 6 courses, available at www.vmware.com/education.
Note: This course is based on beta software.
- Discuss key enhancements made to vSphere in version 6
- Discuss new feature and maximum configuration allowances in vCenter Server 6
- Discuss and configure new ESXi security and account management features
- Discuss the deployment process of vSphere 6 release products
- Discuss Platform Services Controller use case scenarios and apply these in vSphere 6 environments
- Discuss the differences between VMware vSphere Client and VMware vSphere Web Client in the vSphere 6 release
- Describe and configure enhancements made to virtual machines in the vSphere 6 release
- Apply the uses and benefits of VMware vRealize Operations Manager
- Discuss and apply storage security and policies
- Discuss and configure storage fault domains
- Discuss the benefits of and configure virtual volumes
- Discuss and apply network performance enhancements
- Describe enhancements to VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler and VMware vSphere Storage DRS in the vSphere 6 release
- Discuss and configure cross-vCenter Server systems migration
- Discuss and apply multiprocessor fault tolerance and VMware vSphere App HA enhancements
vSphere 5.5 knowledge equivalent to attending vSphere Install, Configure, Manage [V5.x] and system administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
vSphere Administrators, Systems Engineers and Operators who have attended vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage V5.x or have the equivalent experience.
Sample VMware vSphere: What's New [V5.5 to V6] Course Outline
Lesson 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course goals and objectives
- Online vSphere resources
- Location of online vSphere documentation
Lesson 2: Introduction to vSphere 6
- Discuss vSphere 6 feature enhancements
- Discuss vSphere 6 installation and upgrade differences
- Describe and apply ESXi lockdown mode
- Discuss and apply ESXi account management
- Discuss the integration and benefits of VMware vCloud Air
Lesson 3: vCenter Server 6
- Discuss the new features and benefits of vCenter Server 6
- Use the new installation process to deploy vCenter Server
- Apply vCenter Server configuration maximums
- Use Platform Services Controller to manage system services
- Use VMware Certificate Authority and VMware Endpoint Certificate Services to manage certificate lifecycles
- Use the vSphere Web Client to apply enhanced performance configurations
Lesson 4: Virtual Machine Enhancements
- Use virtual hardware version 11 enhancements to virtual machines in the vSphere 6 release
Lesson 5: Management Enhancements
- Discuss VMware vSphere Network I/O Control features
- Describe changes between Network I/O Control version 2 and Network I/O Control version 3
- Apply virtual machine and distributed switch bandwidth configuration changes to increase performance
- Describe IPv6 use cases in the vSphere environment
Lesson 6: Storage Enhancements
- Define key storage security enhancements made to the storage stack supported by vSphere 6
- Discuss changes in lease management, share reservation, and authentication Remote Procedure Call authentication brought by the vSphere NFS 4.1 client for datastores
- Describe and apply disk and storage bandwidth configuration to improve performance
- Describe the differences between VMware Virtual SAN version 1 and Virtual SAN version 2
- Create virtual machine storage policies
- Create fault domains
- Describe the ways that Virtual Volumes changes how virtual machine storage is presented and managed
- Create, discover, and connect to storage containers
Lesson 7: Network Enhancements
- Discuss Network I/O Control features
- Describe changes between Network I/O Control version 2 and version 3
- Discuss virtual machine and distributed switch bandwidth configuration changes to increase performance
- Discuss IPv6 use cases in the vSphere environment
Lesson 8: Scalability Enhancements
- Discuss and apply vSphere DRS enhancements
- Discuss and apply vSphere Storage DRS enhancements
Lesson 9: Availability Enhancements
- Configure cross-vCenter Server system migration
- Discuss multiprocessor fault tolerance features in vSphere 6
- Discuss enhancements to App HA in vSphere 6
VMware vSphere: What's New [V5.5 to V6] Certification Information
VMware Certified Professional 6 - Datacenter Virtualization
As the demand for IT professionals with datacenter virtualization skills increases, it is essential to distinguish yourself in the market with a certification that validates your technical capabilities. Becoming a VMware Certified Professional does just that.
This industry-recognized certification requires completion of a VMware-authorized training course and hands-on experience with VMware technologies. Achieving the VCP certification confirms that you have the education needed to successfully install, deploy, scale and manage VMware vSphere environments, as well as the skills obtained by a minimum of six months experience with VMware infrastructure technologies.
VMware Certified Professional - Datacenter Virtualization (on vSphere 6)
Become a VCP6-DV
There are different paths to VCP6-DV certification based on your background. Choose your path and complete the three core validation components:
- Attend a qualifying VMware authorized course.
- Gain hands-on experience with VMware vSphere 6.
- Pass the VCP6-DV Exam.
The cost of the VMware Certified Professional 6 - Datacenter Virtualization certification is $175.00. Testing is available at authorized VMTraining testing centers throughout the world. Click here to purchase a certification exam voucher.